Wednesday 4 December 2013

Lesotho Literacy Leap Qacha's Nek support sessions – Week 8 & 9


Grade 1 - Hermitage Primary School
         After working with more than 250 teachers from the Quthing district we headed back to Qacha with more confidence and devotion to making this project work for them. On my own now I decided to do a number of support sessions in the schools we all worked in during the Lesotho Teacher Placement Programme 2013

After observing one of my colleagues teach an excellent Phonics lesson to her Grade 1, I confidently chose my “dream team” of 5 teachers who are going to become my Lead Literacy Teachers in 2015 and help train the teachers in the more rural areas of the district.


Grade 2 - Hermitage Primary School  

Grade 3 - Hermitage Primary School 
Grade 3 - Hermitage Primary School
St Josephs Primary School 
Grade 3 - St Josephs Primary School 


St Josephs Primary School 






Most Holy Redeemer Primary School
Grade 2 - Most Holy Redeemer Primary School
Qacha's Nek United Primary School

Grade 2- Qacha's Nek United Primary School

Qacha's Nek Government Primary School



I was also very fortunate to do some more work with my lovely students in Hermitage Primary School. Class 6 kick started my children’s book project… “A Swallows Journey” (of course!) by creating storyboards in pairs about the naughty Swallow and how they were going to help him escape from the mouth of  a hippopotamus! 

Class 5 decided to create group stories to document why the Swallows left Lesotho for the Winter and Class 4 finished their adventure by helping find their lost friends in a snow storm! Watch this space for more Swallow adventures as I get Welsh students involved.





No comments:

Post a Comment